The Way You Move Me by Stephanie Bledsoe



The Way You Move Me


You move me
like the wind
causes trees to dance
The leaves are notorious
for being as nervous as me
When it rains it pours,
and you see me, shaking like a leaf
Tree branches reached for my heart
and stole it,
so I placed them in my poetry
The trees are loved by everyone
so why can't you love me?


Humble flowers shy away
from the inviting sky,
where modest clouds, never proud
of their artwork, create images
of animals and faces,
as they rapidly roll away
in order to erase
what they've painted
and hide the sun and moon


You move me
like a song leads people to dance
lively from head to toe
You're the reason for my heartbeat
The reason my blood flows
Dance like no one is watching
in the middle of the street
Everyone loves music,
so why can't you love me?


You move me
like a seizure
forces someone to tremble


You move me
like a floating ghost, I roam
aimlessly through your halls,
merely a carcass of who I once was


You move me
like the moon controls the oceans
The waves of my mind
crash upon your shores
It's too bad you only see me
as the sweat emitting from your pores
It's a shame your love
only lasts as long as sunset
The horizon stretched for miles and miles
just to reach my tattered heart,
so I placed it in my poetry
Everyone loves the ocean,
so why can't you love me?


You move me
like wheels move a car
It's too bad you feel you have to
love me from afar
Because the planets realigned
when you brushed my goosebumped skin
Luminous stars, they bathe me
in nostalgic comfort
and lucid peace
I wish to share it all with you,
I cherished your company
Everyone loves the stars at night,
so why can't you love me?


You move me
like God moves
the mountains
Your voice
stutters my fears
Your skin glows like a halo
Your hair, soft as feathers on wings
Your true blue eyes
blink my wildest dreams true
Everyone loves an angel
That's why I'll always love you

Comments

Popular Posts