I Married The Night To The Rain by Jeremy Szuder

 I Married The Night To The Rain




And to the ivory curtains drawn

And this glass half full before me,

finally laying across the bones

of freeway spinal columns back home.


I let the lapse of time and moisture,

the sound of tires over rivulets

wash like waves at dark beaches

up onto the steps of my ears


As I holed up like warm static,

like sweaters of camel hair

shoved into donation bins by

meek and selfless hands from


the abyss


of my cranial apartment on 

the very top floor of it all.

With every fresh swallow from glass

and the berry by which it resides


I grasp for the hands of both

midnights madness and winters 

freakshow drizzles and with 

soft and surgical precision


I unified them both together


It was in essence, in the 

truest spirit of those canyons

and highlands alike- a wedding

of grand proportions;


With paper mache lanterns hung


With stained glass hummingbirds

vibrating


With beautiful butter cream 

blankets of prismatic sugar

covering the dance floor,

making my teeth hurt and my


cholesterol levels boil up to

new and outstanding highs.


Comments

Popular Posts