Her Flower by Dale Adams

 Her Flower

 

She always wore a flower

in her flowing silver hair

like I’d never seen before

and grown I never knew where

I loved her more than living

she also loved me in turn

Even when we were apart

our souls’ candle always burned

 

She lived deep in the forest

but just where, I never knew

Whenever she came to me

the entire world seemed brand new

Her kiss was a magic spell

stronger than the boldest wine

and each time she bade farewell

she’d leave that flower behind

 

Snow white, with slender petals

with a scent so strange and new

One touch and it would crumble

like my dreams so often do

Untouched, it never withered

and glowed through the darkest night

Through my solitary days

it was always in my sight

 

Although I tried to find her

she would never leave a track

I searched unknown forest trails

till the darkness turned me back

Within my fevered heartbeat

I could hear her saying NO!

“The path that I must wander

 mortal man can never go”

 

“Know I will always find you

when my journeys will allow

Kiss away the loneliness

written in thy furrowed brow

Never to love another

forever will you be mine

Whenever I must leave you,

I’ll leave my flower behind”

 

 

I work my days in silence

I watch the stars shine above

I wait upon my angel

so to give her all my love

She’s in my arms so rarely

but there always in my mind

When she shares her love with me

she leaves her flower behind

Dale Adams ©2020

Comments

Popular Posts