Said The Evergreen by Dale Adams



said the evergreen


"Touch me, said the evergreen to the snow


dress me all in white, let me glow

too soon, you’ll melt away

in the light of warmer days

but embrace me for this moment

before you go



We share this lonely twilight, you and i

wrap yourself around me, for i’m not shy

though idon’t fear summer’s heat

winter is my favorite treat

when the leaves of lesser trees

all wave goodbye



the whisper of the wind’s the only sound

all my friends have gone to ground

or flown away till springtime comes around



Paint me, like an artist with a brush

cover up my scars with your tender touch

let me dream my winter dream

in a moonlit forest scene

before the hands of Time return me

to the dust.”



Dale Adams ©2019




Comments

Popular Posts