The Yearning by Ken Alan Dronsfield

 



The Yearning

 

In this lifetime full of yearning

through which came wishing and dreaming

within many splendid, unquiet enthusiasms

a voice murmured back the word, ‘prayer!’

I was needy and you were solicitous,

my mind always straying to paradoxes.

Instead I uncovered brazen devotion,

the perkiness brought such euphoria

and so, I screamed out, 'Is that a blessing?'

Mattering and assaultive within theodicy;

Urging and purging

within my slyness, my shyness or otherness;

My mind could not, or would not awaken.

Tossing the ghost into all desires,

'It's that barrenness,' I muttered.

Wandering back into my memories,

I craved eccentric, eclectic or electric fantasies;

the yearning, was an essential evanescence;

an evolutionist laughed at me in retort.

'It's that piety,' I whispered to him.

The saintliness simply smiled.


Bio

Ken Allan Dronsfield is a prize-winning poet from New Hampshire, now residing in Oklahoma. He has five poetry collections. Ken’s been nominated three times for the Pushcart Prize and six times for the Best of the Net. He won First Prize for the 2018 and 2019, Realistic Poetry International Nature Poetry Contests. He has recently begun producing Creative Content on his YouTube channel. Ken loves writing, thunderstorms, and spending time with his cats Willa and Yumpy.


Comments

Popular Posts