Ray Fisher by Michael Ceraolo

Near the end of my career, the Reds wanted to cut my pay a thousand dollars Having no immediate alternative, I signed the contract with the pay cut Then the University of Michigan offered me the job of baseball coach, and I accepted the job and told the Reds Thinking this was a negotiating ploy, they quickly offered to restore the pay cut, but the Michigan job was a much better long-term prospect, so I turned the Reds down Then, to punish me for having an alternative, they placed me on the Ineligible List instead of the Voluntary Retired List And when the Commissioner heard false rumors that I was planning to join an 'outlaw' team once the college baseball season was over, he placed me on the Permanently Ineligible List Though it took almost sixty years, I lived long enough to see the lifetime ban lifted and me restored to baseball's good graces

Comments

Popular Posts