The End by Andrea Lende


A poem I wrote for my son. He graduated from high school this year. A bit of sadness as we miss the true celebration.

The End

When the end is less than promised
When the end is less than hoped for
When the end is less than anticipated
When the end is less than it could have been

The end of an era
The end of the struggles
The end of many blessings
The end of a childhood

The feelings of something unfinished
The sense of accomplishment lessened
The fulfillment of dreams vanish
The celebration unsung

So I look to the promise of tomorrow
And dream a new dream that will be
The one I now can now hang on to
As the last one is finished, you see

I'll strive to the dream ahead
Though I'll be more wary this time
As I know that this next dream I'll dream
May lead somewhere else instead

Andrea Lende
http://www.believinghim.com/

Comments

Popular Posts