Your Hands by Jill Sharon Kimmelman





Your Hands

I feel them....your hands everywhere 
as if there were dozens
not just two
i need them on my skin
feathery fingertips so fine
sun-browned palms
bringing a blush to my skin
all the while 
stroking me...playing me
as if i am an instrument of unimagined worth 
conjured...selected...delivered
a splendid feast of enchantment

I feel them...your hands everywhere
like a blanket washed a thousand times
just so it can be this soft
every patch of skin....every supple limb
whispers a sassy message to my brain
of wild clambering need
seeking its song...a sweet refrain
again and again and again

Your hands cast spells of wondrous magic
i have little desire to understand why
only to accept that 
without the gift of those hands
i will never be completely whole




Bio:

Jill Sharon Kimmelman comes from a successful career in events planning and the culinary arts. She is a “Pushcart Prize” nominee in poetry in 2017 & “Best of the Net 2018”. Her work can be seen in multiple national and international literary publications. She was recently featured in “An Interview With A Poet”, in a local magazine. Jill lives in Delaware with her husband Tim, and is the proud mother of one son, Jordan. She enjoys reading aloud, “cooking from the heart", theatre, classic films, lively book discussions, and photography 

Comments

  1. What an inspiring, relating writing to read this day, God's hands bring us rewards in many ways and your writing opened the many avenues for satisfaction. Barbara Kasey Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 years ago, my husband’s dominant left arm was permanently paralyzed. During his extended hospital/ rehab stay, his wedding band, with an engraving, identical to mine, from the song of psalms, in the Old Testament of the Bible, was lost.

    I replaced his ring with one of a completely different style, and he has worn it, around his neck, on a dog-tag chain, ever since.

    Two days ago, while gathering an empty box to take to the trash room, I discovered it. You can only imagine our surprise��

    We were both overjoyed ❤️
    He wears it around his neck and will never take it off again...polished and gleaming ( a silver band with a spinning copper center ), it looks better than ever!!!

    His happiness is completely infectious ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

    The message inside of both our rings reads, “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine”

    Thank you for embracing my poem, “Your Hands” and the photo that inspired it

    It will be a joy getting to know you through the sharing and exchange of our work

    Peace,
    Jill Sharon Kimmelman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts