Ballet of the Shadow Squirrel by Joseph John Racano





Ballet of the Shadow Squirrel


Squirrel of shadows
Dance your ballet
Your arrival at midnight
I await through the day

Coyote your cousin
Wolf as your kin
Soft are your movements
Let the dancing begin

Lighter than air

Mysterious as night
You float like a snowflake
Darting in and out of sight

Squirrel of shadows

I must tell you true
I have naught to offer
One so perfect as you

But draw nigh the cabin

And whisper your name
A fox- or has Venus
Estranged from her flame

Squirrel of shadows

So fair and so frail
Conducting a symphony
With the tip of your tail

Your ballet of shadows

Now ends with the light
But meet me tomorrow
'till then, out of sight!

©Joseph John Racano


Check out my music, poetry, art, political opinions, social commentary and sci fi stories

Comments

Popular Posts